18. 7. 2015, 10 am - 4 pm, Kino Elektra, Plzeň
- Workshop with Jaroslav Kratochvíl and Petra Krejčová, focused on various documentary perspectives on the history of the abandoned cinema Elektra in Pilsen.
12. 7. 2015, 10 am - 6 pm, Nákladové nádraží Žižkov CHANGE OF DATE - TO BE ANNOUNCED
- Workshop with Tereza Reichová, Apolena Rychlíková and Vladimír Turner, who will help you to develop your own ideas for an activist documentary film.
25. 6. 2015, 6:30, Nákladové nádraží Žižkov
- Seminar with Tereza Reichová, Apolena Rychlíková and Vladimír Turner about documentary activism.
16. 6. 2015, 6 pm, Plzeň - Zastávka
- Workshop with Martin Dušek, director of Into the Clouds We Gaze, about basic documentary film techniques.
28. 4. 2015, 5:30 - 7 pm, Měšťanská beseda, Plzeň
- Workshop with Veronika Lišková, director of Daniel’s World, about the filmmaker's work with the protagonist. Daniel’s World will be screened at 4 pm at JoNáš theatre before the workshop.
24. 2. 2015, Polička
- Filmmaking workshop with Bohdan Bláhovec and Kristýna Bartošová.
28. 5. 2015, 8:30 pm. OPEN AIR DOKU PARTY, Nákladové nádraží Žižkov
Screening of the film "1989", 9 pm. DJs Radia Wave, 11 pm. Free entry.
20. 2. 2015, 8:20 pm. PechaKucha Night Prague in Aero Cinema.
Lectures and Public Screenings
17. 3. - 26. 3. 2015. Presentations and screenings during Film Festival One World
17.3. 2015 21:00 Experimentální prostor MUMIE , Velká Hradební 50, Ústí nad Labem
18. 3. 2015 19:00 Divadelní klub, Vrchlického 53, Polička
20. 3. 2015 17:00 Kino Svět, Havlíčkova 968/7, Znojmo
22. 3. 2015 16:30 Kavárna Trojka, Dominikánská 9, Brno
23. 3. 2015 16:00 Klub Art, Ostrožná 236/46, Opava
25. 3. 2015 16:00 Kino Hvězda, Náměstí Míru 951, Uherské Hradiště
26. 3. 2015 19:00 Divadlo Dialog - prostor Garáž, Smetanovy sady 9, Plzeň
26. 3. 2015 20:00 Bio Central, Karla IV. 774, Hradec Králové
29. 3. 2015 15:00 Klub Oko, Smetanovo náměstí 30, Havlíčkův Brod
MY STREET FILMS EVENTS IN 2014
September 22, 2014, 9:45 pm – My Street Films Screening and Award Ceremony in Světozor Cinema
With all competition films already pinned to the My Street online film map, all we have to do is announce the best ones and present them with their deserved awards! The award ceremony will be held in the small screening hall of Světozor Cinema and will be preceded by a screening of nominated films.
The winner will receive an invitation to the Open City Docs Fest in London in 2015 along with a screening of his or her film, the second awardee will get an invitation to Jihlava IDFF 2014 along with a screening as well and the third awardee will receive complete music rights for his or her future noncommercial film from the database of hudebnibanka.cz which will also provide help with music choice. Moreover, all winners will receive a year-long access to the database of 1000 documentary films at the DAFilms.com portal and two passes to Jihlava IDFF.
September 13 - Your Čerňák, Your Film – Make It!
Do you know the Černý Most housing estate inside out and can think of places that could be depicted in a short film? Register on email email@example.com for the film workshop during which you will find a theme, write a script and make a film with the help of professionals! Your Čerňák, your film - make it!
The Stop Zevling festival has joined the My Street Films map of Prague to fill in the empty space of Prague 14 with two short documentaries! In cooperation with the organizers of My Street Films, the festival organizes a one-day film workshop tutored by young directors Apolena Rychlíková and Vladimír Turner held on Saturday, September 13 at the Plechárna Černý Most centre for free. The team work of two film groups will result in two short documentaries to enter the film map at www.mystreetfilms.cz. The screening of the documentaries, held on Saturday, September 20, will become part of the programme of the last edition of the Street for Art festival. The workshop participants need no technological equipment or previous filmmaking experience; all you have to do is register.
Lectures and Public Screenings
Sep. 20 - Different City Experience - My Street Films Public Screenings at Various Venues:
August 14, 8 pm, Avoid Gallery, Rašínovo nábřeží, Prague
My Street Films presents a new series of informal film workshops open to general public, completely for free, no registration required.
August 31, 2014, 7 pm, Containall (Cihelná 4, Prague 1 – Malá strana, interior of the building)
Film in one word, that‘s emotion, said Godard. But it’s also information…
The human brain is looking for connections, the story, the idea in images. The task of editing is to bring them to light, to build emotional content. To sculpt in time…
August 3, 2014, 6:00 pm, Liberál Café (Heřmanova 6, Prague 7)
- Basic parameters of shots illustrated on photographs made during the workshop
- Camera in relation to a montage, or how to shoot a material that is fit for editing
- Basics of shooting methods + storyboard, or photo-storyboard
- Most common difficulties and mistakes
- Tripod not only as a tool, but also as a dramaturgical aid
- Tripod vs movement
- Rewriting the screenplay, including film clips
- Commented clips from films by Klusák and Remunda with focus on the camera technique employed in the scenes + discussion
- Note: The emphasis of the seminar will be mostly practical and all of the participants will have the possibility to try out a particular film technique
July 27, 2014, 9:00 pm, Containall (Cihelná 4, Prague 1 – Malá strana)
- Presentation of the British version of My Street Films, including a film clip.
- Screening of the winning film at Jihlava IDFF 2013 – The Great Night by Petr Hátle, the author of the spot for My Street Films.
June 29, 2014, 8:30 pm - CANCELLED DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS - NEW TERM ON JULY 13 AT 6 PM AT KAVÁRNA LIBERÁL (HEŘMANOVA 6, PRAGUE 7)
June 19 - 20, 2014
- Interactive presentation of the project My Street Films during the reSITE festival
May 24, 2014
- Prezentation of the project My Street Films during the cultural event Korso Krymská