valid from January 1st 2017
- You can be the resident of any country of the world.
- There is no age limit for My Street Films contributors. However, a legal representative must provide consent in accordance with these Terms and Conditions on behalf of minors.
- Films must not exceed the maximum length of 30 minutes, including their opening and final credits. Longer films will be rejected.
- Films can be made in any kind of format (cell phone, video camera) and in any kind of style (live action, animated, illustrated, commentary, silent etc.).
- The location of the film must be identified with a zip code or/and the name of the street and a Google Maps pin. Films not meeting these location requirements will not qualify and will be removed from the site.
- You should strive to make a factually accurate film which truthfully expresses your opinions or the opinions of the people appearing in the film.
- Always respect the feelings and privacy of the people portrayed or appearing in the film, in accordance with the Civil Code and other relevant legal regulations.
- An online process including registration must be completed to submit a film.
- If your film is approved, it will appear on the site within 48 hours.
- Submitting a film is free of charge.
- You can submit an unlimited number of films.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon submission.
- All films which the My Street Film z.s. team finds defamatory, promoting goods or services, promoting intolerance, violence or bigotry, intentionally inaccurate in their portrayal of people or places, unsuitable for children or minors or breaching in a different manner a law, good manners or the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, will be removed from the site and the contributor will be banned from further contributions. If your film is assessed as inappropriate in accordance with the previous sentence we will get in touch to let you know.
CONSENTS AND PERMISSIONS
- All individuals, even if identifiable only indirectly, appearing in your film must provide a written consent (here you can find the form for adults and children) in which they allow you to use their likeness and voice (or other relevant elements and expressions of their personality) in the film at least within the scope of the “License Agreement” clause of these Terms and Conditions, i.e. you must be able to give us valid permissions in accordance with this clause. If your film uses someone else’s works, performances or other copyright-protected elements, you must obtain a written permission of the same scope as previously mentioned from authors, performing artist or other holders of the rights in question to include and consequently use their works, performances or any other elements used audiovisually (sound recordings, for instance). Other than written form of permission is also acceptable (especially if the individuals concerned give their consent on camera) but only under the condition that the genuineness of the permission can be established in the entire scope required, fully and at any time (keep a copy of the recorded permission, for instance). Parents’ written consent is required for children appearing in your film.
- The duty to obtain permission to use copyright-protected elements pursuant to the previous clause also applies in its entire scope to music – i.e. to the relevant author’s works, artistic performances and sound recordings. You are required to obtain valid, full and proper permissions in accordance with these Terms and Conditions from the corresponding right holders (authors, performing artists, sound recording producers), their successors (heirs for instance) or their representatives (copyright collective, artistic agencies etc.).
- We have the right to ask you to show, at any time but within a reasonable time limit, any of the above mentioned permissions or consents. If you fail to respond to this request properly, we have the right to remove your film immediately from our website and ask for compensation for any harm caused as a consequence. We will ask you to provide the corresponding license allowing to screen the film, in particular if your film is selected for the Open City Doc Fest, MFDF Jihlava, or other screenings.
- The selection of the films entered for competition is governed by the competition rules of the country where the film was entered for competition, regardless of the place where the film was made or the nationality of its author.
- By submitting your film you give our association My Street Films, z. s., with its registered seat at Vodičkova 704/36, Nové Město, 110 00 Praha 1, identification No: 046 75 843 a permission (a license) to use the film (“film” for this purpose means the corresponding audiovisual work, its audiovisual recording and all author’s as well as non-author’s elements used audiovisually) under the following conditions:
- our association has the right to use the film in every possible way, in particular to publish the film on any My Street Films and Doc Alliance Films (Doc-Air, z.s.) domain and use it there pursuant to s. 18 (2) of the Copyright Act., as well as the right to perform the film pursuant to s. 20 of the Copyright Act in any public screening and workshop for schools or the general or professional public;
- by granting us the license you also give us the right to use individual stills from your film in any promotional materials (printed materials, on-line promotion for instance) promoting your film, our association, the My Street Films project or other individuals or services;
- the license granted is unlimited, in particular in respect of area, quantity, technology and time (i.e. the license is granted for the entire duration of the corresponding rights);
- our association has the right to process, modify, enhance or translate your film (including the necessary translation to make foreign-language subtitles) or link it with other elements in order to use it efficiently following common artistic and technical standards, this includes editorial changes, format changes or cropping;
- our association has no obligation to use the license, entirely or partially, and is entitled to grant or provide a free or paid sub-license to a third person, including the right to allow further multiplication of rights;
- the license is non-exclusive, you have therefore the right to further use or license the film in its entirety;
- during the use of the film your authorship will be mentioned in the usual way (i.e. it won’t be mentioned only in contexts where it’s usual to do so);
- all the above mentioned licenses are granted free of charge, i.e. you are not entitled to any financial or non-financial compensation whatsoever.
PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
By submitting the registration form on our website you agree with the use of all your personal data included in the registration form, i.e. username, name, surname and e-mail address, by the controller, i.e. My Street Films, z. s., with its registered address at Vodičkova 704/36, Nové Město, 110 00 Praha 1, identification No: 046 75 843 (the “Association”), and with the potential processing of this data through a processor, for the purpose of properly assessing your submission and using your film in accordance with the above mentioned rules, as well as for the purpose of sending newsletters about our events and projects (i.e. you also give consent pursuant to the Act no 480/2004 Sb.). By ticking the corresponding box in the registration form you also give consent to the transfer of your personal data to another controller, specified as the case may be in the form, for the purpose of an offer of goods and services from this controller. Consent is granted for an indeterminate period of time or until you withdraw your consent with further processing of your personal data.
Pursuant to ss. 11 and 21 of the Act no 101/2000 Sb. you are providing your data on a voluntary basis and you can ask the data controller to stop processing your personal data and have them deleted, free of charge and at any time. You also have the right to obtain access to and rectification or erasure of personal data and have them blocked in case of erroneous data etc. From the date of effect of the Data Protection Regulation (May 25th 2018) you also have the rights pursuant to Art. 12-23 of this Regulation, in particular the right to transparent processing, to be provided information and access to data, to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing, as well as the right to data portability. Pursuant to the Regulation you also have the right to object to processing of personal data for direct marketing, which includes profiling and the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling. For further advice and information about data processing you may contact the controller at email@example.com.
Any doubts concerning the respect of duties on the side of our Association or a third party that has access to your data shall be addressed to our Association or the third party. The supervising body is The Office for Personal Data Protection (Úřad pro ochranu osobních údajů), located at Pplk. Sochora 27, Praha 7, 170 00.
- You guarantee that your contribution:
- is your original work and you are entitled to provide it to our association for all the purposes specified above;
- does not infringe in any manner the rights of any third party;
- is not defamatory or obscene or in breach of law, good manners or these Terms and Conditions.
- If your contribution contains material affecting the rights of third parties, you must obtain permission (both for yourself and for further use) to use it in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, i.e. including the permission of all authors’ or related right holders, model, trademark, and trade secret owners and other people exercising their right to privacy or other rights of ownership or personality rights.
- Issues not covered by these Terms and Conditions will be resolved pursuant to the provisions of the relevant statutes of the Czech Republic (in particular the Copyright Act and the Civil Code).